Tuesday 17 May 2016

Travel Wishlist.

Do you ever want to just pack a bag of essentials, get on a plane and never come back? I do quite regularly. My urge to travel and see more of the world has become part of me for quite a while now. Ask anyone who is remotely close to me and they will know how much I desire to see different parts of the world and experience the variety of cultures. However, responsibilities and emotions have kept me from packing this bag and going every where I want to see. Instead of doing this I have tried to take the approach of ticking off as many places each year I can afford to. 

I am very lucky to be able to travel and to be able to say that I have already ticked off a few places I have wanted to see. However, my list gets longer and longer every time I think about it. Oops! I have a board on Pinterest just for travel destinations so it may have got a little out of hand! Anyway, in this post I am going to list the top 5 places I want to see.

1. Barcelona.
Every thing I hear and see about Barcelona just excites me. Having spent 5 consecutive years going on a family holiday to the same place in Spain, the Spanish culture is my favourite. Who wouldn't love shutting up shop in the afternoon for a siesta? The Mediterranean is my favourite place on Earth to be. I love the food, the people and the sunshine and I think if I were to ever migrate to another country, Spain would be my first choice. Having been there so often I have picked up some of the language and dream of being able to speak it fluently. The buildings and the landscape of Barcelona look so beautiful and I really hope I get to visit here soon.

2. Dubrovnik.
I am a HUGE Game of Thrones fan. If you watch the programme you know exactly why I want to explore here. The whole of Croatia looks so beautiful but Dubrovnik is just on another level. You have the simplicity of the beautiful beaches as well as the ancient grounds where a lot of Game of Thrones is filmed. Looking at images of Croatia I believe it is highly underrated. My plan is for this to be the trip for my 21st birthday which is only a year a way, hopefully it goes to plan!

3. Prague.
Until last year I had never been interested in this region but as I have got older and read articles and posts of where people have travelled it has been added to my list. I love how gothic this city looks, not forgetting the history of this area of the world that happened not so long ago. I can imagine myself here with my best friends sipping on wine and cocktails taking in the picturesque views.

4. Paris.
Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamt about roaming the streets of Paris. Everything about the city just screams elegance and sophistication. It is one of the most romantic cities in the world and I can see myself being in my element in the beautiful city. The city has had some terrible events in the past couple of years that makes we wary about travelling here but I am not going to let that get in the way of my plans to see as much as the world as I can. Especially the beautiful sites of The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, The Arc De Triomphe, Notre Dame, The Sacre Coeur and of course Disney Land but for a different reason. 

5. Italy.
I don't even know where to start with Italy. I would love to do a road trip of the whole country as there are so many places I would love to visit here. Rome, Milan, Florence, Venice, Pompeii; the list goes on! This country again looks so beautiful and I would love to experience the Italian culture. Pizza and pasta are probably my two favourite foods and whenever I go out for food I always choose an Italian restaurant so would definitely be in my element experiencing the local cuisine! Plus who doesn't love the look of an Italian man? 

So here are some of the places I would love to travel. I don't particularly see these in any order of where I would like to go the most but some are definitely more accessible than others. This list also isn't exclusive as my list goes on and on and on of the different places I would like to explore. However, I guess these places are the most realistic in the next couple of years!

I love reading travel blogs so if you have any suggestions of the best ones then please let me know!

Where have you been recently that you would recommend? And what is on your bucket list?

Holly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment